Tuesday 19 November 2013

Feedback from Janet Waters on photographic work (unit 1 part A)

Janet Waters


·         Hi Nikki I have some general feedback for you alongside the visual analysis and I hope you find his helpful. The set of questions that you have set has proved arduous for me to answer. They require a lot of personal information
sent before ready....still feeding back
.....and much consideration. This kind of administration unfortunately does not come easily to me currently. 


Currently, I self finance all art and photography work. My skill continually develops with all the travelling I do. I am stimulated by new sights and sounds and this leads to a desire to capture, translate and communicate understanding. You can find a lot of the information you require here: http://buildmakecraftbake.com/2009/06/janet-waters-macro-photographer.html
The information from the links is  display on my blog below

Janet Walter comments and review on  final photograph:
Composition is good. Nice use of focus and shallow depth of field. Variety of surfaces shown through variety of colour, shape form. Some pointers: 1. Exposure. The area that you have chosen to overexpose (top left) lacks detail. Is this a conscious decision? Explain why....(so, maybe you used overexposure to push the sharpness of the cube edges?) The bottom right side of the crystal also lacks detail. 2. There is quite a lot of colour cast on the image. Red and blue, I would say, but I haven't run it through photoshop, so cant be specific about that. I find it a little flat in terms of levels. With a tweaking, it could 'pop' a lot more. 3. The success of your image depends upon what you actually set out to achieve in the first place.....are you trying to record scientifically, artistically? Both? What are you trying to communicate? I would say a scientific image needs more accurate exposure. Well done for growing the crystals and getting these images Nikki. I hope you achieve your Gold Arts Award


I feel this give constructive criticism to my work which I can learn from and improve in my development in my photographic skills, I feel happy knowing I can improve yet there overall was impressed with my piece.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment